Over het bedrijf
TU/e is a leading international university of technology specializing in Engineering Science & Technology. Through excellent teaching and research we contribute to progress in the technical sciences, to the development of technological innovations, and as a result to the growth of prosperity and welfare in the region and beyond.
+ Lees volledige omschrijving
Researchers in the Humans & Technology (H&T) research theme in this department perform highquality multidisciplinary scientific research at the intersection of humans and technology, and translate fundamental research insights into viable applications, services, and policies. In the position of research software engineer, you will support scientists and students in performing experiments in the Humans & Technology (H&T) labs by realizing required experimental setups, taking care of maintenance, upgrading, but certainly also further development of research software applications, providing documentation and supporting and instructing researchers on the use of the facilities. Specifically, within the HT&T labs, www.GameBus.eu is a research software platform that encourages and rewards families and friends to stay active socially, mentally, and physically in a personalized gaming experience. GameBus enables people to perform the activities they enjoy truly as an individual in such a way that they are part of an integrated social interaction. The platform has been developed via substantial external research funds and it continues to enable many ongoing and new research projects within the H&T theme.
We have an open vacancy for a senior research software developer. This vacancy specifically relates to developing new features and maturing testing and releasing processes. This vacancy welcomes experts who can interact professionally in English. The capability to have casual conversations in Dutch is appreciated but not required.
• Expert in Java Spring and Junit, or a very strong track record with similar technologies
• Eager to become ultimately a full-stack developer (e.g., learning also frameworks like Ionic) • Ability to write clear, understandable, and efficient code
• Ability to explain your code in a plain and simple way
• Willing to write documentation of the code • Ability and willingness to understand someone else’s code
• Ability to maintain priorities with regards to test coverage
• Experience with mocking and BDD frameworks like Mockito and Cactus, or a very strong track record with similar technologies
• Architectural vision on GIT and Continuous Integration systems (such as Jenkins)
• Eagerness to release frequently •
Proud lead user of our own software (i.e., dogfooding)
Regardless the specifics of the vacancy, we are recruiting colleagues with the following shared values:
• You are a team player, who likes to share and collaborate with colleagues
• You pursue growth and learning
• You are independent: researchers in the H&T theme have a roadmap, but tasks should also be added by software team members autonomously. You must be able to work on predefined tasks but also know what’s next even if there is no an explicit task on the board.
• An environment in which you are given the opportunity to show off your excellent skills;
• Working at an inspiring campus where we work for the benefit of humanity and where you have plenty of room for personal development and growth;
• A team of other research software engineers that will be your buddies throughout the day;
• A fulltime temporary appointment for 1 year with the intention to become appointed on a permanent basis;
• A gross monthly salary in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement of the Dutch Universities (CAO NU), depending on experience and knowledge;
• A yearly holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary;
• A yearly end year allowance of 8.3% of the yearly salary;
• A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, savings schemes, and excellent sports facilities).
More information on the GameBus project, the broader H&T team of research software engineers, and this position may be obtained from Dr. Pieter Van Gorp (email@example.com). Further information about employment conditions can be obtained from Kim Spinder – van Puijenbroek (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can apply by pressing the ‘apply now’ button for this vacancy. Applications should include:
• A cover letter explaining your motivation and qualifications for the position
• A detailed CV
• Names and contact information of two or more references
If you are interested, we invite you to apply before November 1 st, 2021. Please note that a maximum of 5 documents of 2 Mb each can be uploaded, so if you have more than 5 documents you will have to combine them. Please do not send us applications by e-mail.
Technische Universiteit Eindhoven (TU/e)
Research Software Engineer